Tuesday 14 June 2011

Welcome!

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm Elizabeth and you're reading my first blog entry EVER! I think you should feel very special right now!
So listen, you've probably already noticed the title, right? And you're probably wondering what's up with it? Well, I'm crazy. Plain and simple, I'm a whack job. In all honesty, I'm fine with that. Or rather, I am now.
See, as I was starting to grow up, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty right away, but basically, that means that I had severe panic attacks, lots of irrational fears and frets, along with other symptoms, like being passive-aggressive and all those other fun things. I started to think I was crazy. All the other kids got to sleep soundly in their beds, so why couldn't I sleep through the night before my heart clenched like a fist and my breathe caught in my throat?
Eventually, I got help from a therapist and so far, so good. I went to a group exercise, where I sat with kids my age and we talked about everything that bothered us and learned how to deal with our anxiety. 
I know there are other people out there that have anxiety. I know that people are having an awful time with it. There may be thoughts of suicide, cutting, terrible things like that. While I thankfully never had to experience that, I wanted to help people that were. And that's exactly what I'm going to do, among other things.
What other things, you ask? Well, for starters, I have a bit of a messed up life (with or without the anxiety, it's still hectic), so chances are, you'll get a kick out of my hell. And then I'll have an on the side blog with gossip, book and movie reviews and just some random rant crap, which I'll make whenever I have the time. So here's to the start of a brand new blog and hopefully, help for other anxiety sufferers, just like me. So, tell me in the comments, are you crazy? Do you think you're crazy? And answer my blog title question: If You Know You're Crazy, Are You?
Until tomorrow,
Elizabeth
(Unless you need help now. Then don't hesitate to e-mail ifyouknowyourecrazy@hotmail.ca at any time)

No comments:

Post a Comment