Wednesday 22 June 2011

Losing It!

No, I'm not talking about virginity. I'm talking about my mental sanity (as if I had any in the first place). My week has been so insanely stressful, I'm not even going to bother to tell you. Okay, I'll tell you anyways. I've been filming non-stop for a video I'm going to be in, tomorrow, I've volunteered to run a field event in my community, I've got some little rug-rats to watch for my friend on Friday night (as if I had any plans) and I'm SICK on top of it all. That's also why I haven't posted in a little bit. 
So, you might be asking yourself, what does this have anything to do with me and my problems? I'm sorry, fellow readers. Let me explain. When I get really stressed out, my anxiety tends to flair up and I can't really deal with it all that well because I have other things more important to worry about so I become "How to Deal" post. If those still don't work for you, try some other things, like cutting down the amount of stress in your life. I know it may seem hard, but cutting out the things that are weighing you down will really help. If you're drowning and carrying a fifteen pound brick, you're going to drop the brick, right? So drop the brick of stress and let it go.

How, you might ask. Well, I'm not a big fan, but I've heard yoga is very calming and relaxing. Also, taking some time out for yourself would be really nice. Read a new book, get some coffee, get a mani-pedi (if you're a guy, go golfing). If all else fails, grab some candles and bubble bath and draw yourself a calming bath. Maybe even add a little music, too.
I know life may throw you hard balls and oranges and potatoes and apples, but you need to dodge and find the right tools to deal with them all. Baseball bats, orange peels, vegetable peelers and peanut butter are all very useful things to have around. Just remember that you aren't alone when it comes to stress or anxiety. There are others just like you out there.

Lots of Love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment